Monday, September 22, 2008

Boots Season is Here!!!!

The autumn equinox is here, officially kicking off the fall season, which means...."BOOTS Season!". Women all year eagerly anticipate for this day to come, lamenting when summer lasts longer then expected and cursing the weather when it decides not to cooperate with their latest Neimans and Nordstroms acquisitions.


This also the inaugural post for my love (my loved ones are now comparing it to my addiction) of purses and shoes along with scoring fabulous discounts and coveted designer goods. I'm late to the blogging idea since much of my time is spent working (a girl has gotta fund her shoe obsession) or scouting out fashion for less.


I recently acquired these beauties and I LOVE, LOVE them and the got a ton of compliments on them, everyone asking "who makes those & where did you get them?" The funny thing was that I bought them in Nordstroms & the sales girls there had no idea these lovely pieces were right beneath them. Pour la Victoire are a Brazilian shoe company that made its debut in 2007 and have beautifully combined an edgy and sexy look. The Reina can be found for $425.95 at Nordstroms or an online retailer.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2986759/0~2376778~6017238?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6017238&P=4


The best thing about the Reina is that it can be made into thigh high boots by unfolding the cuff so you get the look of 2 different boots for the price of 1. Great for this economy without having to sacrifice $$. The leather feels luxuriously smooth and these are beyond comfortable!

My other obsession are these fabulous lookers (check out the model above, strutting down the runway) and for just a mere $1,995 - this makes me start justifying eating tv dinners for the next few months to acquire these babies. Use your peepers and scan the latest fall fashion magazine and runway shows....Gucci, you are breaking my heart!
If breaking the bank is not an option, and Bank of America won't bail you out like Merrill Lynch, bebe makes a similar version that are just as adorable. Sign up at bebe.com and register yourself to get additional discounts thru the mail. These are only $298.00! http://www.bebe.com/gp/search/002-9248887-4520049?ie=UTF8&field-launch-date=-1y&node=172347011&startIndex=0&displayPageNum=1&bbBrand=core&alignment=Right&bin-fields=none&firstPageItemNum=34&field-browse=172347011&rank=-custom-rank&restPageHasColor=0&viewID=embedded-leaf&displaySalePrice=0&displayItemNum=101&field-merchant-id=A2FMOXN01TSNYY&field-marketplace-id=A3L2BJHIOT18TS&firstPageNode=172347011&duAction=&standardPageSize=16&size=101&page=1&updatePickers=all


Booties have survived another season and I am now officially obsessed with these motorcycle chic meets glam with Betsey Johnson's Tiana booties for $294.95 at Nordstroms but since I'm always looking for a deal, check out Overstock.com for $159.99. Guess what I will be buying later? http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Betsey-Johnson-Womens-Tiana-Ankle-Boots/3348658/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11440153-000-006




Lastly, but certainly the not least are the my famous addiction to handbags, purses, baguette s, oh my! Which also leads me to work & my hardy laptop. I've been secretly hunting for a beautiful tote or bag I can stash my laptop in since the darned TSA at SFO bust me everytime before I go through security. "1 carry-on, 1 personal item ma'am" and I'm redirected to a nearby seat to try and shove my handbag into my already cramped Samsonite. If you've experienced this, the next worst thing to hear is, "we will have to check your bag" as you arrive late at the gate, 1 seat left, and you're holding up the plane....and now, you've checked your coveted bag, praying that the bag handlers don't steal the bag.



I just saw this and now praying I have the strength to resist cracking open my wallet to slap down the AMEX. RIP Yves SaintLaurent...you were a gifted man! This can be yours for $1,795.
http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Women/Handbags/P-Downtown-Computer-Case-Vernice.aspx


If you prefer to bring a little bit of edge to a blah workplace, he also makes them with a leopard print, splurge and cough up an extra $200 & pay $1,995.


















Lastly, I've decided that I'm not longer donating bags to the Goodwill....albeit my closets will slowly or quickly fill up. I saw this Prada bag and realized I donated a similar one made by Guess 6 months ago (Jen V or Diane A, one of you suggested I give it up and now I see that its back in) Yes, I'm blaming one of you for taking advantage of my weakness (FYI, I have a tendency to toss many, many, many things when I move....I move every two years, but have NEVER given away a handbag 'til this last time). So Miu Miu, thank you for reminding me to never toss away an item you were in love with, even if it was a while ago.

No comments: