Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mulberry Ostrich Bayswater Bag


What do you all think of Mulberry's latest bag in Fuschia that is exclusively sold thru http://www.net-a-porter.com/? I know, I know- Do I really need another berry colored bag? At $3,995...I'd rather fork out a couple thousand more and get an Hermes Birkin. A few weeks ago enroute to SFO, I was envious of this 40s something woman next to be, swathed in a pashmina, dressed impeccably in tailored pants and matching sweater....AND a Birkin bag stashed on the floor next to her. Don't get me started on why one should never place her purse on anywhere but a chair, desk, or a lap. There is a old Mexican legend that spirits will emerge from the ground and steal your gold & fortunes (well, these days, ATM or your AMEX card) if you leave your purse on the ground. Well, that's a good enough reason for me and besides, do you want to dirty up bag? I was busy admiring her bag & asked her how long the wait list was....she told me it was a gift (bragging every so slightly but heck, I would be shouting to the world, check out this baby!)

There is an urban legend (to all my bag fashionistas, can any of you confirm if there is a wait list for a Birkin? I passed the Hermes store many times at South Coast Plaza & always see one in the window display) that there is a 1 year waiting list to get one. Check out this article: http://www.thestar.com/living/article/429020.


If you can't wait, http://www.portrero.com/ auctions authentic Birkin and other luxe goods. Bidding starts of $9450 for the 35cm and $65,000 for a croc version. Ouch & ouch! I do give props to the marketing geniuses at Hermes! .....but I digress back to Mulberry. Hmmm, maybe the leather one?



or Ralph Lauren's Ricky bag? http://www.ralphlauren.com/ at $3,495. Well, if you are an exhibitionist and don't mind a few looky-loos checking our your goods, the clear Ricky bag is on sale for $929. Who is nutty enough to drop that type of cash for plastic?






I'd love to buy any one of these but I am too responsible for my own good, well that is, until my next commission check.






No comments: