Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Booties

I have to admit, when booties arrived back in style a few seasons ago, I thought to myself, "oh no, not the 80s agaaaaiiin" but clever marketing gurus have got me on a quest for the right bootie. Finding the right bootie could take many hours since one wrong buy will ruin a cute outfit or give you the dreaded "cankles" look. This is also a time to be super honest with yourself, if you are short like me, you want to find the booties that will lengthen instead of making your legs look stubby. To my tall friends...rock on with this look. They were meant for you!

This bootie will work for you statuesque & petite girlies...check out the Slide Side Bow - $795 from Valentino at Neiman Marcus.



If your budget is tracking with the fall of the Dow, a similar version from Victorias Secret at $279, Miss Sixty's Belted Bootie



I don't know about the rest of you but I can't drop major cash on trendy items that may not last and I already have enough guilt splurging on Louboutins. ( they are worth every penny for all the looks you get from everyone)



Steve Madden's Midory at $149.95 barely make my ATM budget price range but are worth a try since these are so adorable.
Target has teamed with Sigerson Morrison to come up with boots, flats, & pumps for about 1/10th you would pay in for their premium designer series inside a department store. Has anyone ever bought their shoes? I'm curious about the quality & comfort of the shoe....yes, living in flip flops land (Santa Monica) has ruined all those years of high heel training I've gone through since all I wear are flip flops... unless I'm out on a date with one of the Steven's or traveling on the job.




These are a great fashion buy at $59.95 by Cathy Jean Shootie


Not exactly sure what to wear to be chic instead of geek? http://www.net-a-porter.com/ is a great site to get inspired for outfits when you have either 0 creativity or its been overworked and underpaid.



No comments: