Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Have Passport, Will Travel...But where do I stash it?

Ever wonder what to do with all those airline mileage cards, parking garage cards, hotel member rewards cards, passport, boarding pass, travelers cheques, and monies from around the world? Ok, well if I ever get stranded in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, or Mexico, I will have enough local currency to buy me a cab ride or a cup of coffee, but back to the subject matter. Carrying around all these cards or trying to remember to bring them with you can be rather a pain whether you travel once a year to Vegas or on a first name basis with the flight staff at Delta.

I discovered these travel wallets during my many journeys to Nordstroms and have developed a co-dependent relationship with mine. It gives me peace of mind to know that whenever I pack for a trip, I grab my travel wallet and stash it in my purse, taking comfort that I will not have to frantically search for my boarding pass later on.



BTW, these also make great gifts to your friends who want to jetset, are living on planes, or who are very, very disorganized. If you've read my Gift Giving tips, I rarely find beautiful travel wallets and am constantly on the lookout for these too since I plan to "gift" these for Christmas. I prefer buying the colorful ones because these are just plain fun and easy to spot when rifling through your bag.
Looking for the Right Features
  1. slots for all your members rewards cards- I need, like, 100....
  2. clear slot for your mug shot-aka "driver's license"
  3. pocket to stash currency of different sizes & denominations. Other countries have paper bills in different sizes & colors....why we haven't adopted this is foreign to me.
  4. more pockets for your passport & boarding passes.
  5. Durable- because it will take a beating
  6. Colorful- easy to spot in the bottomless black abyss of your Marc Jacobs Stella bag.
  7. Designer Label...oops, I was on a roll.

My Fav Label:
Nordstroms brand. Priced between $60-$90. As of the time of this post, http://www.nordstroms.com/ did not have any on their site.


Other great links to pick up on travel goodies:
http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/
http://www.popdeluxe.net/saltbox-travel-wallet.html




ATM- Recessionista Budget
$18. Slider Document Case






$94 Zip Travel Organizer



$29.95 travel wallets




Gold Bars- stashed in your mattress budget.
http://www.nordstroms.com/
$150 Abas Travel Organizer
http://www.tumi.com/
$278 Capra Zip Around wallet

The Platinum -Where did I put my Black AMEX Budget.
$880 Monogram Vernis Zippy Organizer

No comments: